To receive a band 9 in your IELTS exam, you would be considered an expert user of the English language. This means you:
- Have full operational command of the English language.
- Use English words in an appropriate and fluent way.
- Speak fluently and rarely need to correct or repeat yourself.
- Understand more or less everything when someone speaks with you and can engage with topics fully within a conversation.
- Can clearly present a written response using a wide range of vocabulary.
- Understand all modes of text and comprehend written words.
This is the highest band score available.